Geek Radio

Music fan, music geek. You say potato, I say Tater Tot. This is for anyone interested in listening to new music. Some songs you may have already heard on the radio and some may not fit in with the current radio culture. Listen to my player while you go about your business. I will give information on one of the artists every week or so. If I’ve seen them live I‘ll add video and pictures, otherwise I’ll just give a brief defense as to why I included them on my playlist. Feel free to tell me which bands you like, and which ones you don’t. And even a music geek knows that Tater Tots are superior.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

# 8 Great Lake Swimmers

Apparently I update my entries monthly. I was going to babble about Gomez and put up a video and picture from when I saw them at Bonnaroo in 2006, but then I changed my mind and decided to focus on something a bit more recent. Ok, here's one Gomez picture, and then I'll move on to Great Lake Swimmers.
I choose Canada's Great Lake Swimmers because I'm attracted to music that makes me feel something. My little music-loving senses just crave this stuff. It's easy to get numb to the world, and I'm always struck when a song can convey an emotion so clearly that it effortlessly passes from the musicians to the listener. It's like a musical slap in the face, breaking through our self-imposed anesthetization. Click on "Moving Pictures, Silent Films" on my player and you'll see what I mean. I feel sadness, and I'm bringing you all down with me. I haven't seen Great Lake Swimmers live, so I don't have any pictures or video. You can download this song, as well as a bunch of others, for free on their website: http://www.greatlakeswimmers.com/

No comments: