Geek Radio

Music fan, music geek. You say potato, I say Tater Tot. This is for anyone interested in listening to new music. Some songs you may have already heard on the radio and some may not fit in with the current radio culture. Listen to my player while you go about your business. I will give information on one of the artists every week or so. If I’ve seen them live I‘ll add video and pictures, otherwise I’ll just give a brief defense as to why I included them on my playlist. Feel free to tell me which bands you like, and which ones you don’t. And even a music geek knows that Tater Tots are superior.

Monday, March 17, 2008

#4 Luce

I can't attest to them as a live band, since I've never seen them perform, but there's a little place in my music-lovin' heart for Luce. They are a San Francisco-based band, and they are listed as "Alternative/Pop/Rock" on their MySpace page. I would say they are maybe a little Crowded House or Guster-esque, with songs that are lighthearted (like "Buy a Dog" or "In the Middle There") and others that are darker and more poetic (like "Electric Chair" and "Sunniest of Weekends").

Here is "Buy a Dog" from their YouTube site, LUCEvideos. It is a little song that makes me want to run out to the SPCA, adopt a puppy, buy a picket fence, and sip lemonade on the porch swing while I hold hands with the hubby. It's really that sweet.




Luce is fronted by Tom Luce, with Larry Riggs on bass, Dylan Brock on guitar, percussionist Brian Zalewski, and Adam Rossi as keyboardist and Producer.

As far as I'm concerned, Luce can do no wrong. It's solely due to "Sunniest of Weekends." I love the song enough that Luce has a free music pass, and I would still call myself a fan, even if they never put out one more palatable note. I wish I could be handy enough to stick the song right here for anyone who happens upon this site's listening pleasure, or find it floating on the web so I could include it in my playlist. Unfortunately, I am inept.

So, instead I will give you the lyrics: (according to this site: http://www.tsrocks.com/)

Sunniest of Weekends by Luce-

I’ve covered myself
Forgave all my sins
Jump in the pool
And float around, around the deep end
Like I’m up on a wire, without a net
But I’m without a circus, without a tent
I want you to understand
That I’m just saving myself
I’m blooming like daffodils
On the sunniest of weekends
On the sunniest of weekends
I’ve resurrected myself
Back from the dead
Fountain of youth sprang
Oh, I sprung again
I’m my own hero in a superman suit
That I wear with my brand new pair, brand new pair of converse shoes
Everyone understands
That I’m just shedding my skin
Blooming like daffodils
On the sunniest of weekends
On the sunniest of weekends
Standing on the surface of the sun
Well I reach out my hands
For you to come
Flying all around us
With heaven dust above
I’m looking off to say
I’ve resurrected myself
What I now reap is all that I’ve sown
Pull out the weeds
Stand back and I watch myself grow
Higher and higher
Into the sky
Into my own galaxy
Where I reach the sacred site
Everyone understands
Yeah-ah, we’re all saving ourselves
Blooming like daffodils
On the sunniest of weekends
On the sunniest of weekends
Ye-e-ah-ah Ye-e-ah-ah Ye-e-ah-ah
Sunniest of weekends
Ye-e-ah-ah Ye-e-ah-ah Ye-e-ah-ah
Sunniest of Weekends

Their website is: http://www.luceband.com/

No comments: