Geek Radio

Music fan, music geek. You say potato, I say Tater Tot. This is for anyone interested in listening to new music. Some songs you may have already heard on the radio and some may not fit in with the current radio culture. Listen to my player while you go about your business. I will give information on one of the artists every week or so. If I’ve seen them live I‘ll add video and pictures, otherwise I’ll just give a brief defense as to why I included them on my playlist. Feel free to tell me which bands you like, and which ones you don’t. And even a music geek knows that Tater Tots are superior.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

#1 David Ford

Tap tap tap. This thing on? Excellent. I will now commence to talk to myself.

So, I know some people who are not quite as obsessed with music as I am. For those people, I want to use the element of surprise, throw a burlap sack over them, tie them up and deposit them at a David Ford concert. No people would be harmed with this experiment. My theory is once they see him live, they will be converted.


Even if my hostage chooses to ignore David's intelligent lyrics, his fancy foot pedals, and his fantastic voice, they would immediately be impressed with his intensity. David Ford practically rips out his heart as he is singing, laying it out for the audience to see. David Ford is not harmed during his performances either. See for yourself what I'm talking about:

This is State of the Union:

And this one is a brand new song, which I assume is called To Hell with the World, but I am kind of partial to Honour in Choosing Defeat:

I have had the opportunity to see him in concert four times, and he is always phenomenal. I have spoken to him twice, for a total of approximately a half a second (that's practically bff, right?), and both times he was extremely gracious. The night I took these videos, when I asked if he minded if I recorded him, he pleasantly replied, "Not at all."

He'll be back in Boston in April at The Paradise Rock Club.

His website is: http://www.davidford.mu/

1 comment:

Jaymee said...

hello. i found your videos on youtube and we like a lot of the same music. we've even been to some of the same concerts in Boston and I just wanted to thank you for posting them. if you would ever want to be so amazing as to send me copies of the Guster and Ingrid Michealson/David Ford concerts, i'd appreciate it alot. my email is miller.jaymee@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!!